Monday, August 23, 2010

Go green

I prepared a very easy salad for my lunch today since I have to rush kasi makikipagchat pa ko sa hubby ko… Actually this is my favorite kind of salad, it is really an Arabic Salad called “Fattoush” which is popular in Lebanon but since there are some ingredients that I’m not used to eat, I just replaced it and created a new recipe.



Ingredients:
2 pcs of Kubus cut into small pieces and fried (till toasted) using olive oil – crunchy the better
1 pc tomato, diced
1 pc cucumber, diced
1 small pc of green bell pepper, diced
1 bunch of lettuce, cut into small pieces
1 -2 tsp of Apple cider
2-5 tsp of Olive oil
Feta Cheese

Preparation:
1.) In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and green bell pepper. Toss gently
2.) For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix apple cider and olive oil together. Depends on your tase
3.) Pour dressing over salad and top it off with toasted kubus and feta cheese

Done! So easy isn’t it, for salad like this, you can be very inventive just try and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment